Pigeon Pack (4 Book Set) (The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!; Don't Let Pigeon the Stay Up Late!; The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!; Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!) - Mo Willems

Genre: Food / Animals / Sharing / Humor

Year Published: 2004

Year Read:  2014

Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children

Whew! Just how many “Pigeon” books are out there? I must have read over a dozen “Pigeon” books written by Mo Willems already, but I am alright with that since I have enjoyed practically all of Mo Willems’ popular “Pigeon” book series. So, the most recent one I had read is called “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!” which is just as funny and witty as the previous “Pigeon” books!

The book starts off with the Pigeon finding a hot dog on the ground and wanting to eat it. Just as the Pigeon was about to eat the hot dog, a small and cute duckling comes waddling by and starts asking the Pigeon all of these questions about how tasty the hot dog is and if he could have a piece of the hot dog.

Will the Pigeon share his hot dog with the Duckling?

Read this book to find out!

Oh man, I just keep on loving these “Pigeon” books by Mo Willems since they are so witty and cute to read through! This book is definitely no exception as I loved the way that Mo Willems wrote out the relationship between the Pigeon and the Duckling. I loved the fact that the Pigeon and the Duckling have different personalities as the Pigeon is always shown as being loud, bossy and a bit greedy while the Duckling is shown as being polite, innocent and intelligent and it was great seeing these two character clash with each other regarding the situation at hand. I also loved the Pigeon’s witty and hilarious dialogue as he tries to avoid giving his hot dog to the Duckling as I found myself chuckling at the Pigeon’s wild statements, while I found myself showing affection for the Duckling’s innocent nature. Mo Willems’ artwork is as always cute and hilarious to look at, especially of the images of the cute little duckling looking at the Pigeon with innocent curiosity, while the Pigeon constantly scowls at the Duckling for annoying him throughout the book.

Overall, “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!” is a truly cute and hilarious book that “Pigeon” fans should definitely pick up! I would recommend this book to children ages four and up since this book is appropriate enough for younger children.

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog